Monday, 26th of Aug – Saturday, 7th of September 2019
The 2019 Photo-Tour “a Flirt with the arctic circle” is a 13 day photo tour under the guidance of a professional photographer Marcel van Balkom. This edition will be focused on the Highland of Iceland where you will discover the surrounding in a 4×4 Camper. The mindset of this photo-tour is Carpe Diem, dependent on the weather the tour will be planned to make the best out of it.
Marcel Van Balkom is a professional photographer who was awarded at the photo contest of National Geographic in the category „landscape“.
24-hours a day you will live and breath photography at one of the worlds most contrasty place. Iceland offers a huge spectrum of different lights, colours and shapes. The Highland is full of attractive locations for landscape photography, wildlife and macro photography. It will be an adventure where you will experience Iceland at its best!
· Rental of the 4×4 camper.
· The camping kit, which includes everything you need for sleeping and cooking (pillows, cover, linen, dishes, cutlery, cups, pans, pots, bowls, etc.).
· Photographic guidance.
· Water/wind resistant pants and jacket, for example : 6North or Iceware hard-shell’s. (gloves and cap/head).
· Sturdy walking shoes, for example : Lundhags, Meindle, Han-wag etc. (incl. good socks -> Merino wool !)
· (Isolating) underwear, t-shirts, jeans and some slippers.
· Photographic equipment for landscape, birds and macro photography. (incl. tripod, and a spare body and wide angle lens).
· Photographic filters (Gradual ND, Grey filters, big stopper, little stopper, polar filters , preferably LEE).
· Enough batteries for your camera (with cold weather they wear out quickly!)
· Plenty of lens and filter cleaning cloth (advised is 10 pieces)
· Refreshing Wipes
During the trip, we will walk distances up to max. 10KM, the physical difficulty is classified as Medium.
We will not always plan the trips with the full group, you can deviate from the group and plan your own difficulty level accordingly.
Additional cost for this photo-tour:
· Flight towards Iceland (Keflavik)
· Depending on your flights you will need an accommodation for the first and last night before and after the tour. Why not spend the nights in our Nordic Guest House which is located next to the Camper Rental Station. If you are interested you can book a night for 70 Euro per double room.
· Additional insurance of the camper (per team / crew)
· Camping fee
· Gasoline (per team / crew)
· Food and beverages
· Personal expenses
Monday, 26th of Aug until Saturday, 7th of September 2019